Name the Sheepmobile!
We have a new team member and we need your help naming it.
Fill out the below form with your choice for the name of the new truck (or give us an even better suggestion!) and be entered for a chance to win a copy of CATAN 3D Edition!
Thank you for voting! Online entry is now closed. We will announce the Sheepmobile’s name and contact the drawing winner after August 12, 2022.
Catan Studio’s “Name the Sheepmobile” Contest – 2022
ALL FEDERAL, LOCAL, STATE, AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.NO FEE OR PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
1. HOW TO ENTER: “Name the Sheepmobile Contest” (“Contest”) is an in-person and online Contest. Contest begins at 09:00:00 AM (EDT) on 4 August 2022 and ends at 16:00:00 PM (EDT) on 7 August 2022 (this is the “Promotion Period”). The Contest announcements will be made via the Contest post on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter social media pages of Asmodee USA, Catan GmbH, Catan Studio and GenCon social media channels. To enter, eligible entrants, during the Promotion Period, may enter using the posted QR code, or by visiting the Catan Sheepmobile, located on Maryland Street, outside of the Indiana Convention Center, review the Official Rules, fill out the registration form, and choose their favorite from three (3) potential names for the Sheepmobile or write in their own idea for a name on the entry form, (hereafter “Registration”) during the Promotion Period (“Entry”).
All Entries become the property of Contest Entities. Any entrant who attempts to enter more than once for the Promotion Period under the same or multiple identities will be disqualified from participation in the Contest and all Entries from that individual will be considered void. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Contest Entities.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older, or the age of majority in their state or providence of legal residence at time of Entry. Employees of Asmodee North America, Inc. dba Catan Studio, (“Sponsor”), its parent company, affiliates, subsidiaries, partners, advertising, and promotion agencies, (collectively, “Contest Entities”) and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited. IF YOU DO NOT MEET ANY OF THESE REQUIREMENTS, OR ANY OTHER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN A PRIZE.
3. WINNER SELECTION: The Sheepmobile name will be selected by the Sponsor from amongst all eligible entries. From the eligible one Winner will be selected via random draw.
4. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential prize winner(s) will be notified on or about 12 August 2022, via email. Contest Entities shall have no liability for any winner notification that is lost, intercepted, or not received by a potential winner for any reason. If, despite reasonable efforts, a potential winner does not respond within forty-eight (48) hours of the first notification attempt, such potential winner will forfeit their prize and an alternate winner may be selected. Contest Entities, in their sole discretion, will attempt to contact other potential winners of a prize in accordance with the above procedure, after which the prize in question may go unawarded if it remains unclaimed. If any potential prize winner is found to be ineligible, or if he, she, or they have not complied with these Official Rules or declines the prize for any reason prior to award, such prize will be forfeited, and an alternate prize winner may be selected.
Important: Contest Entities are not responsible for misspellings, typographical errors, or other issues that may affect the ability of Contest Entities to locate a purported Entry
5. PRIZES/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (ARV)/ODDS: One (1) Winner will be chosen. The Winner will receive one (1) copy of Catan 3D. Total ARV of the prize is $300.00 USD. Odds of winning depend on total number of eligible Entries received. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. All applicable federal, state, and local taxes on prizes are the sole responsibility of the prize winners. Limit of one (1) prize per person in the Contest. The prize(s) are non-transferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prize(s) or transfer/assignment of prize(s) to others or request for the cash equivalent by winner(s) is permitted. Acceptance of prize(s) constitutes permission for Contest Entities to perpetually use winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. GENERAL: The potential winner must provide confirmation of mailing address as detailed in prize notification within seven calendar (7) days after the first notification attempt. This must be a physical mailing address; P.O. boxes are not sufficient as a signature may be required upon receipt. Failure to provide a physical mailing address, and/or noncompliance with Official Rules may result in forfeiture of prize and an alternate winner may be selected. If prize notification or prize is returned as non- deliverable, prize may be forfeited. No correspondence will be acknowledged.
No cash equivalents, substitutions or transfer of prize permitted. Subject to all federal, state, provincial, and local laws/regulations. Acceptance of a prize shall be construed as and signify the winner’s agreement and consent that Contest Entities may use the winner’s Entry, name, voice, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further consideration, review, approval, or payment, unless prohibited by law. By participating, entrants and winners release and agree to hold harmless Contest Entities, their respective parent companies, affiliates, directors, employees, officers and agents from any and all liability, injury, loss or damage of any kind, including but not limited to personal injury or death, arising from or in connection with participation in the Contest, or the awarding, receipt, possession, use or misuse of any prize and/or with respect to participation in any prize related activity. Contest Entities is not responsible for any typographical or other error in printing, offering, announcement or administration of the Contest. By participating in this Contest, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, Sponsor may require each potential winner to sign and return, as specified by Sponsor, an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release in order to claim his/her or their prize.
Your Entry may be featured on the CATAN social media platforms for others to view, regardless of whether or not you have been chosen as a winner or runner up. All entries will be moderated for appropriateness by the CATAN Studio Team before they are posted. Entries must follow the same guidelines for appropriateness in the CATAN Studio Code of Conduct.
If participating in this Contest via your mobile device (which service may only be available via select devices and participating wireless carriers, and is not required to Enter), you may be charged for standard data use from your mobile device according to the terms in your wireless service provider’s data plan. Normal airtime and carrier charges and other charges may apply to data use and will be billed on your wireless device bill or deducted from your pre-paid balance. Wireless carrier rates vary, so you should contact your wireless carrier for information on your specific data plan.
7. IDENTITY OF ENTRANT. All Entries must be submitted by the individual entrant. Bulk or automated Entries will be disqualified (including Entries made using any script, macro, bot, or promotional service). Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email account. Any attempt to obtain additional Entries through fraud or other illegitimate means will result in disqualification, at Contest Entities’ sole discretion.
In the event of a dispute about the identity of the entrant, Entries will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the social media account on which the Entry is made. An “authorized account holder” means the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. A potential winner may be required to provide Contest Entities with proof that a potential winner is the authorized account holder of the account associated with the winning Entry.
8. LIMITATIONS AND RELEASES: Contest Entities are not responsible for lost, late, mutilated or illegible Entries nor for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive Entry information by Contest Entities on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website and/or wireless network or any combination thereof. Contest Entities reserve Contest Entities the right to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest if it determines, in its sole discretion, that the Contest is technically impaired or corrupted or that fraud or technical problems, failures or malfunctions or other causes beyond Contest Entities’ control have destroyed or severely undermined or to any degree impaired the integrity, administration, security, proper Entry and/or feasibility of the Contest as contemplated herein. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Contest Entities which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, the Contest Entities reserve the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the Entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest; and award the prizes from among all eligible non-suspect Entries received up to the action taken by the Contest Entities provided a sufficient number of eligible Entries have been received. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Caution: Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made; Contest Entities reserve the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent of the law.
9. RIGHTS GRANTED BY YOU. By entering this Contest you understand that Contest Entities and anyone acting on behalf of Contest Entities, or their respective licensees, licensors, successors, and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the World, your Entry, including, without limitation, the Entry and winner’s name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Contest, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations, marketing and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
10. RELEASE. All participants in this Contest assure that any submitted Entry is free of third-party rights. In addition, by entering this Contest, Entrant is guaranteeing they are the author of the Entry and thus have unlimited rights of use to the Entry. By entering, each participant declares that he/she/they has existing rights for all Entries and consents to the publication of the Entry and his/her/their personal information.
11. DISPUTES. This Contest is governed by the laws of the United States of America and the state of Minnesota, without respect to conflict of law doctrines. As a condition of participating in this Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Minnesota having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (e.g.: costs associated with entering the Contest), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
12. ALTERNATIVE METHOD OF ENTRY (“AMOE”): In lieu of entering in-person, Entrants may mail a postcard to receive the maximum number of permitted entries into the Contest. Mail postcards to: Catan Studio, 804 Elliott Ave, Charlottesville, VA 22902.Mail-in entries must be postmarked by 7 August 2022 and received no later than 11 August 2022. Promotion Entities are not responsible for lost, stolen, misdelivered, or delayed postcard entries.
13. PRIVACY: For information about how Asmodee North America, Inc. dba Catan Studio uses your personal information. Please see their privacy policies, located at https://www.catanstudio.com/about-us/privacy-policy/
14. WINNER’S LIST: For names of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by 12 February 2023 to: 2022 Name the Sheepmobile Contest – Attn: Winner’s List, c/o Social Marketing, 804 Elliott Ave, Charlottesville, VA 22902. Winner’s list to be available after 12 August 2022.
15. SPONSOR: Asmodee North America, Inc. dba Catan Studio, 804 Elliott Ave, Charlottesville, VA 22902.