In the CATAN Championship program, players worldwide compete in national tournaments to become their country’s National Champion. Every two years, we send the National Champions to the CATAN World Championships. The 2022 World Championship will be in Malta, in November 18-20, 2022. If you have won your country’s championship and not received an invite from CATAN Studio, please email [email protected]
Don’t see your country listed? For other participating countries, go here.
Tournament Map Repository
Test yourself against our National and World champions by playing on some of the maps they’ve faced in our international events.
CATAN World Championship History
• 1995: Players gather at the “Deutsche Mannschaftsmeisterschaft im Brettspiel” (German Board Game Championship for Teams) for the first large-scale competition
• 1998: First annual Board Game Championships hosted by Spielezentrum Herne, Germany. Players from other countries were eventually allowed to join these German tournaments, and other countries began hosting their own tournaments.
• 2002: The first CATAN World Championship was held to include players who were participating in tournaments outside Germany. This was initially held at the game fair “Internationalen Spieltage” in Essen, Germany.
• 2008: The CATAN World Championshipwas held at Gen Con in Indianapolis, Indiana, the largest game fair in the United States. Since then, World Championships are held every two years in different locations.
• 2009: Europe’s best Catan players meet at the first European Championship.
• 2019: The first Americas Championship was held in Oaxaca, Mexico, hosting champions from North, Central, and South America. These “Continental Championships” are now held on off-years to the World Championships.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.