Catan Studio appreciates all our players who have made the Catan Tournaments so enjoyable and exciting. The Catan Masters Invitational Tournament is a special Qualifier tournament for the Catan Master player.
How to Qualify:
To qualify for the Masters Invitational Tournament, you must have placed in the Top 16 at any previous year’s National Championship.
How to Attend:
The Catan Studio Organized Play team will send invitations in rank order to players on the Masters list. The first 64 players to respond and confirm attendance will be selected to attend. Emails are sent out to the highest ranking players first, and then down the list.
Did you not receive an email and think you should have? Check at the bottom of the rankings page, where you will find a list of people for whom we do not have email addresses. Contact us to update your contact information.
Masters Ranking Score:
We created a point system to track our eligible players’ standings. Click here to see the current rankings.
Invitations to the Master Invitational go out in blocks based on a player’s Master Ranking Score. Players who have earned the most points, through the ranking system, get the first invitations to the Masters Tournament. If those players don’t respond by a certain date, then open seats are offered to the next block of players, and so on until the seats are filled.
Later submissions will be placed on a waiting list.
This is a new system, and while we want to be inclusive of classic Catan players, sadly we don’t have all the history of our tournament systems in a database. The starting date began with the 2016 World Championship in Durango, Colorado. From that date, the points below are added to each player’s total score. This score will be cumulative.
How to Earn Points:
Once qualified to join the program, players will earn points as follows:
- 1 pt. = Your name is on the Masters list as of 2016 Worlds., when Catan Studio took over the program.
- 1 pt. = Every time you have attended a Catan National Championship
- 1 pt. = Every time you made it to the semi-final table at a Catan National Championship (Canada and United States)
- 1 pt. = Every time you made it to the final table at a Catan National Championship (Canada and United States)
- 2 pt. = Every time you have attended the Catan World Championship
- 2 pt. = Every time you have made it to the final table at a Catan World National Championship
- 4 pt. = Every time you win the Catan World Championship
- 1 pt. = Every time you place 1-4 in the Masters Invitational Tournament
2021 Masters Invitational Games:
Players will play two games as seen below, and the third is a secret! The Catan Masters Invitational Tournament will feature expansions, helpers, and scenarios because we’re looking for true Masters of Catan! Here are the 2021 games:
Scoring & Prizes:
All Masters Invitational participants will receive Catan Masters t-shirts, along with a bag of special Catan Masters goodies.
The 2021 Winner of the Masters Invitational will win a seat at their country’s National Championship event. If they have already qualified for their 2020 National Championships or the 2020 World Championship, the next person in the final rankings will take their place.
- You must be 18+ to participate in the Catan Masters Invitational.
- If you drop in the middle of the tournament or are a no-show, you will be removed from the Catan Masters program. (If you have an emergency, contact us as soon as possible and we won’t remove you from the program)
Email the Organized Play Team here: [email protected]